The ITE area has a server for all student, staff, and faculty accounts. Your account on the ite server should be ready now.
Here’s what you need to know:
To FTP to your new account:
- The hostname is: home.ite.sfcollege.edu
- Your username is
your first name, a dot, your middle initial, a dot and your last name. So, if your name is
Suzie Q. Suzuki, your username would be suzie.q.suzuki.
Or, for example, if your name is Jacob D. Mann, your username would be
jacob.d.mann. Usernames are all lowercase!
- If you do not have a middle initial, your username is simply your first name, a dot, and your last name. For example, if your name is Samuel Suzuki, your username would be samuel.suzuki. Or, for example, if your name is Jane Mann, your username would be jane.mann.
- If you had an account last semester, your password has not been changed.
- Your password has been set to a default.
The default password is your SF College ID number in the following
form: ####-####. So if your ID number is 1234-5678,
that would be your initial password.
- You can change your password but it is best to wait until
you are sure you can access your account. If you do decide to change your password, be sure to
write it down or save it somewhere! Resetting a password will probably take a few days at least
and requires a work order to go through our Server Administrator. It cannot be done at the last minute.
Go to the following website to change your password. There are some specific password restrictions
you need to follow. These are in place to ensure better security.
- Change password at : http://home.ite.sfcollege.edu/user/password.php
Right now your new account has one page – a default index page generated automatically.
Please feel free to substitute a page of your own, if you want. Otherwise, your account is empty.
Think of it as a blank slate upon which to put all your excellent class work for this semester!
- Note: after you start using your new account, your URL will be: